Subject: Re: SBC driver problem
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/18/1997 13:14:29
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> I'm not I understand. I thought there was only one branch at the moment.
> Where would I find this, if not in -current?

There are currently 2 branches at the moment (that I know of).  One is the
"trunk" or main NetBSD development branch.  A month and a half ago, the
1.3 release branch was "frozen" and split from the development branch.
NetBSD-current was changed to follow the 1.3 branch at that time, so only
developers currently have access to the development branch, everyone else
only has access to the 1.3 branch.  This is a good thing, tho, since it
ensures that everyone is working on finding (and hopefully fixing) bugs in
1.3 prior to the release.  So, if you get NetBSD-current, it is really the
NetBSD 1.3 release branch.

> With GENERICSBC-46 through -48 I get a freeze whenever I try to access this
> one drive, with either disklabel, hfs, or hfs-utils. It's a 3.2G Quantum
> with 9 MacOS partititions + drivers. Except for that, NetBSD boots and runs
> fine. Currently, I have a P636CD+040, and am booting NetBSD from a Noami
> 540M, partitioned into Root, Swap, Usr, and two small Mac partitions.

I think that Scott's recent changes should fix this, or at least his
message implies this.

> PPP is working, and I've now installed the sources from 11/15. I hope to
> get sup working today. Am I to understand that 1.3_ALPHA is now different
> than what I would get from building -current? Would this change you speak
> of be in GENERICSBC-49?

When you're building -current, you're building 1.3_ALPHA (well, actually,
we should be BETA real soon now, maybe today).  The next kernel will
probably have this change unless it was built prior to today.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Later.