Subject: Re: X11 on a Quadra 700, anyone?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/18/1997 13:04:54
Paul Goyette wrote:

> The Mac ROM Glue stuff is disabled if you boot with serial console.  The
> feeling was that you only needed MRG for the adb access.  You'll also note
> that you get a strange time when you boot serial console, since we also
> use mrg code to access the PRAM.
>
> My SLOTMAN kernel makes a lot of new uses of  the mrg code, and I've
> removed the code that checks for serial console.  I think we ought to
> enable the nrg stuff all the time.

Hmmmm...it's still possible that some machines will _hang_ when the MRG
code gets called.  This would be kind of bad considering that you'll be
eliminating even the serial console option for these machines.  Keep in
mind that I don't know of any particular machine where this is a problem,
but.....

Later.