Subject: Tape Drive delays with SBC SCSI
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Ripke <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/18/1997 14:22:56
--237c_2f1c-7de1_4487-6201_52bf
Content-MD5: 7OSsah7ar+U9bmqyEIH26Q==

Hey guys,

Is anyone using a tape drive on -current? Under a homegrown SBC kernel from around
15-Nov, and all previous SBC kernels I've run, any tape IO blocks all interrupts
until the IO completes... It's funny watching xlock freeze when doing a 'mt rewind'
and seeing it suddenly come to life, continuing from when it stopped :-)

I seem to remember when I was using the NRC-SCSI breed of kernels this didn't
happen?? Is there any SBC options I can use to allow queued commands (which I
presume this relates to)?

Cheers,
Paul Ripke
BHP Information Technology
Open VMS, AXP & UNIX (AIX, DG/UX, SCO, IRIX, Digital, SunOS...) Sysadmin
 Computer Centre,  Five Islands Rd,  Port Kembla,  NSW 2505,  AUSTRALIA
  stixpjr@ozemail.com.au   weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au   pjr02@uow.edu.au
         Anyone wishing to lay claim to the opinions expressed
                   herein, do so at their own risk.

--237c_2f1c-7de1_4487-6201_52bf--