Subject: Re: video/ethernet card incompatibilty
To: DJ Lo-Ki <lo-ki@pinsky.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/1997 16:12:50

> ok, so I looked in the FAQ and saw that I should play with the order of
> the cards... I rebooted after swithcing the two cards, and everything
> went well until the video card came up and then I got the message
> "slot_noint() slot d"

-snip-

> -Lokke
>
> Oh yeah it's a Mac IIci 20MB Ram 250HD macBSD 1.2.1 if you forgot.

	Actually, I just installed NetBSD onto my IIci AGAIN... this time
1.3_ALPHA. Before I could run EITHER my ethernet card or my video card,
but with 1.3_ALPHA they both worked just fine. I've got an Asante MacCon
Ethernet card and a Radius PrecisionColor 8 8-bit video card.... X works
great! Actually, I'm going to try working on color X until I get rid of
the monitor and just stash the box under my desk. ;-)

	My advice... try installing 1.3_ALPHA... or hold out until 1.3
comes out in December or whenever... that might fix your problem (I assume
people have been working on this since 1.2.1...)

	Ryan

 -----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!