Subject: video/ethernet card incompatibilty
To: MacBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: DJ Lo-Ki <lo-ki@pinsky.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/1997 18:19:56
Hey Guys,

No luck on the telent/ftp access thing yet, but I'm on another diversion
now... Color X

I was running off of internal video until today (thought it would be
simpler) anyway I have access to a bunch of old nubus video cards so I
figured I'd try plugging them in until I found one that worked...

when I put one in all booted fine until the process names the ethernet
card. then it froze.

ok, so I looked in the FAQ and saw that I should play with the order of
the cards... I rebooted after swithcing the two cards, and everything
went well until the video card came up and then I got the message
"slot_noint() slot d"

I played around with all the video cards I had and either got the same
messages or it didn't work at all.

once I removed the ethernet card, almost all of the video cards worked
fine (I even got higer resolutions in X!)

any thoughts???

-Lokke

Oh yeah it's a Mac IIci 20MB Ram 250HD macBSD 1.2.1 if you forgot.