Subject: Re: (OFF-TOPIC) hardware SCSI termination?
To: <>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/1997 13:55:39
>On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Ken Nakata wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 02:05:18 -0800 (PST),
>> SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com> wrote:
>> > to terminate itself, but what sort of place would I be able to get a
>> > terminator jumper that would be able to terminate my drive? Preferably
>> > something cheap ;-)
>>
>> If you want something really cheap, you can wrap up the jumper posts
>> with thin copper wires.  Try not to short circuit nearby circuits.
>>
>> Real jumpers (those square plastic things with a pressed metal sheet
>> embedded), I have no idea where to get, but I would imagine mail-order
>> electronics places like JDR might carry them.
>>
>> Ken
>
>Its a terminating *resistor*, not a jumper, that he needs.  They have
>about 8-10 prongs, and go in one way (typically indicated by a white dot
>on one end of one side which lines up with an arrow on the hard drive PCB
>board).
>
>I don't know where to get them, perhaps Radio Shack?  And though I've
>never been to one, a Fry's Electronics should have it, if anyplace.
>
>--
>Nathan Raymond

I had (have) a problem child Quantum Empire drive that I was trying to
get up and running.  One of the things I (thought) I needed was
terminating resistors.  I called Quantum and they sent some to me.  If
anyone is still answering the phones at Micropolis, you might get them
from them.

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com            TSSchulze@aol.com
How large does the Internet need to get before the
planet becomes self-aware?