Subject: (OFF-TOPIC) hardware SCSI termination?
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/17/1997 02:05:18
	This is somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know anything about
SCSI termination? I got a used drive from a guy for free... it's a
Micropolis 1GB SCSI drive and works just great. Actually, he had it in an
APS external case with a bad power supply.. which is why he gave it to me.
But, the external case was giving the drive its termination with the
DA-Term Digital Active Termination built into that particular SCSI case.
Well, I went to Micropolis's web site and looked up configuration
information for this particular drive (2210- something...) and it gave
some information on jumpering the drive to different SCSI ID's (I have it
set to 0) and on terminating the drive. I think I understand how to get it
to terminate itself, but what sort of place would I be able to get a
terminator jumper that would be able to terminate my drive? Preferably
something cheap ;-)

	Btw... to get it to terminate I've got the APS case with the bad
power supply connected to the external SCSI port, and it's providing
termination even though it isn't on ;-)

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!