Subject: Re: need an LC040
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1997 21:05:05
On Nov 16, 11:36pm, Ken Nakata wrote:
>wormey@eskimo.com (Space Case) wrote:
>> Actually, that one might be OK -- it happened before the die shrink
>> that caused the error.  I have the same, and it works fine with
>> Software FPU and the apps that need the FPU.
>
>So, are you saying there were good ones before the bad one?  Geez,
>it's way too confusing.  Do you know at which mask rev. things went
>bad?

No.  I just remember when SoftwareFPU put in the hack that disabled it
on '040s and thinking mine hasn't had problems, and a rash of complaints
about 'buggy' LC040's all of a sudden.

>If this is the case, my XC68LC040 must definitely have been made
                        ^^
Yup, that's like mine, XC68LC040RC20B, mask 02E23G.

>before the die shrink, and it definitely should have been working,
>though.

Hmm, you have the same mask, and it doesn't work?  I'll have to re-examine
my remembrances -- I didn't do a lot with FPU-required programes, but I
don't remember problems...

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

The UNIX Guru's View of Sex: # unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ;
                                fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Stop searching.  Happiness is right next to you.  Now, if they'd only
take a bath ...