Subject: Re: SQL server for NetBSD
To: Nikolai Vladychevski <niko@netspace.com.mx>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1997 18:57:06
Nikolai Vladychevski wrote:

> Hello,
> maybe this is off topic question (excuse me), but I need to compile a SQL
> server for
> NetBSD ( a free/share ware SQL server). So, I tryed the big ones:
> PostgreSQL and MySQL.
> None of them sucessfuly compiled. The developer of MySQL told me
> that his software wasn't tested on NetBSD ! =:0  , and looks like there
> is a lot of porting work.
>  I didn't fight with PostgreSQL yet, but it would be interesting to know
> first if any of you
> guys successfuly  compiled a SQL server? Was it much trouble?
> The only one I  compiled well though was MSQL , but it is very poor
> server compared to others.

I've successfully compiled PostgreSQL, but it doesn't run :-(  There seems
to be a problem with m68k support that affects all the NetBSD-m68k ports.
I think that MySQL is a package now, tho, so you could try that, it should
at least compile for you, but keep in mind that a lot of the packages are
pretty i386-biased at the moment.

Later.