Subject: SQL server for NetBSD
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nikolai Vladychevski <niko@netspace.com.mx>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1997 20:30:49
Hello,
maybe this is off topic question (excuse me), but I need to compile a SQL
server for
NetBSD ( a free/share ware SQL server). So, I tryed the big ones:
PostgreSQL and MySQL.
None of them sucessfuly compiled. The developer of MySQL told me
that his software wasn't tested on NetBSD ! =:0  , and looks like there
is a lot of porting work.
 I didn't fight with PostgreSQL yet, but it would be interesting to know
first if any of you
guys successfuly  compiled a SQL server? Was it much trouble?
The only one I  compiled well though was MSQL , but it is very poor
server compared to others.

Thanks in advance

Nikolai

Nikolai Vladychevskii, niko@netspace.com.mx
Another crazy jAvA Developer
Dom Software. +52 (72) 13-2642 Toluca, Mex.

"Only Ice Cream Has 31 Flavors"