Subject: System Suggestions.
To: NetBSD /Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Austin Brower <browerab@psouth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1997 17:10:26
Hello all,
     After experimenting with NetBSD/Mac68k 1.2.1 on my high =
school=B9s Mac IIsi, I have decided to buy my own Mac to use NetBSD =
on.  Since I am basically a poor teenager, I looked into buying an =
older II series Mac.  I came up with two choices:
Mac IIcx - 8mb RAM 80mb HD and 8-bit video w/mouse for $99
Mac IIsi - 5mb RAM 40mb HD w/mouse for $99
(These are both from Small Dog Electronics)

     My problem is this: what system would be the best for NetBSD?  =
The IIcx is slower, processor-wise, than the IIsi, but the IIsi only =
has 5mb RAM and a small HD.  Which would be the most bang for the =
buck?

Thanks a lot in advance,
       Austin Brower

___
                                 Austin M. Brower
                 Director of Technical Services i.e. Server Techie
               for the M.S.A.D.#55 WebTeam - A student organization.
                         I'm a student who gets involved.