Subject: Ethernet errors...
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Heller <heller@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1997 16:06:01
I have been getting lots of these errors lately which seem to be coming
from my ethernet card.  I have been getting them since using the -current
kernels from Sept. or Oct.  This is a Quadra 610 using the onboard
ethernet.  Here are some of the errors, from syslog:

Nov 16 15:20:32 redfive /netbsd: sn0: Tx packet status=0x8142
Nov 16 15:20:32 redfive /netbsd: resubmitting remaining packets
Nov 16 15:21:21 redfive /netbsd: sn0: Tx packet status=0x8142
Nov 16 15:22:52 redfive /netbsd: sn0: Tx packet status=0x8142
Nov 16 15:22:52 redfive /netbsd: resubmitting remaining packets
Nov 16 15:23:00 redfive /netbsd: sn0: Tx packet status=0x8142

Anyways, it seems like the number of errors has increased recently (this
might be due to increased network usage).  Is there something bad
happening?  Should I be worried?  Or should I ignore them?  Also, does
anyone know what facility and level these are coming from so I can  stop
these from going to my console?  I am guessing that the facility is
kernel, but don't know the level...

oh well, thanks for any help

Dan Heller

Dan Heller
heller@andrew.cmu.edu
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~heller/

"You'll find many of the truths we cling to depend greatly
    on our point of view"