Subject: Re: HELP ON 1.3 BOOT
To: Cassie McIlhenny <cassie@jp.chem.tulane.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/15/1997 14:30:37
On Nov 15,  2:04pm, "Colin Wood" wrote:
>Cassie McIlhenny wrote:
>> at the end of the boot I get
>> /etc/rc.conf is not configured.  Multiuser aborted
>>
>> help.  I am fairly new to BSD so I don't know all the configs
>
>Basically, you need to boot into single-user and edit the file
>/etc/rc.conf so that the line that currently says:

You'll want to `mount -u /` before editing the file so you can
write it back.

>rc_configured=NO
>
>says
>
>rc_configured=YES
>
>instead.

You'll probably want to make other changes while you're in there
(if you haven't already ;-).

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

The UNIX Guru's View of Sex: # unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ;
                                fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Death is life's way of telling you you've been fired.
		-- R. Geis