Subject: eeeeek!
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/15/1997 00:12:03
	Like before, NetBSD dies when I try bootstrapping NetBSD on this
IIsi. I just tried booting it from a GENERIC-47 kernel using the 1.11.0
booter or whatever the newest one is. It got as far as setting the video
address... no internal video, I'm using a Precisioncolor8 NuBus video card
which has worked with NetBSD on a Mac IIci I used to run NetBSD 1.2 off
of.

	Here's where it gets weird: It says it can't run with the current
memory mappings, and that I should turn 32 bit addressing on in the memory
control panel. I'm running system 7.6.1.... which IS 32 bit I have been
told... Now, I just reinstalled all those SIMMs... 4-4MB 70ns SIMMs, plus
1 soldered onto the motherboard for a total of 17. Shouldn't this work?
Has anyone else had a problem with this?

	Ryan

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!