Subject: SIMM location
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1997 22:21:01
	I decided to commandeer the IIsi my mom still has from work that
she hasn't taken back yet and try to get it running under NetBSD. I
remember the last time I tried it, that it had a memory mapping problem.
Later, I swapped some SIMMs out of it... and I remember it had some odd
combination of SIMMs. I also remember reading somewhere that if you're
using SIMMs of different types (amount of RAM) that they need to be
installed in certain sockets so that the video board can take full
advantage of the memory. I ALSO noticed that I can't get internal video to
work on it... so I'm thinking I will swap the SIMMs into some
configuration that might work better. Does anyone know how memory should
be installed on a IIsi/IIci? Thanks!

	Ryan

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!