Subject: Re: /dev/rom?
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1997 21:07:17
On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Michael R Zucca wrote:

> My IIvx does this and frankly, it takes too long. I'd like to just
> boot straight into NetBSD without waiting the 5 minutes MacOS
> takes to load just to kick it out. :-)

If you're taking 5 minutes to boot a IIvx then you've got problems with
your setup somewhere. You should be able to cold boot fully into MacOS
within 1 minute, & give an extra minute for NetBSD to kick in. If you
don't want to be running MacOS, then only have the minimum system required
to boot NetBSD. Anything more will just waste time.