Subject: Re: color video lkm problems...
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <synapse@lethargy.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1997 21:00:39
OK. I went looking through my box of MacOS hardware last night for
something, and found an 8-bit Mac II "high-res" video card (even though it
was only 640x480). i plugged it in my IIvx, and took my 24-bit apple card
out and the lkm loaded with no problem, and color X looks awesome on it.
so, in essence, problem solved..i wouldn't get any higher than 8-bit on my
24-bit card anyway, so i didn't have a problem there.
as i look on the card now, i see that it is formally called "820-0600-A
Macintosh Display Card 670" the main chip i could find (or what looked
like some kinda of processing microchip says:
  Bt
  RAMDAC
  086 9209
  357S0010-A
  (m) (c) 88 Apple
I also found a ROM chip, with this sticker on it saying:
  341-0868
does anyone know why this card gets so far in the lkm loading process and
fails?  If someone needs this card to write a driver for it, i might be
able to arange some kind of borrowing thing...

About the color xserver..i notice that on the old xserver, the x display
came up on all attached monitors. is there any way i can get the color
xserver to run 1-bit video on my IIvx's internal video as well as running
8-bit on my nubus video?
later,
  - a