Subject: problems with telnet access
To: MacBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: DJ Lo-Ki <lo-ki@pinsky.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1997 18:47:16
Well, I want to thank everyone who gave me advice before... I've gotten
my IIci up and running fully (X windows too as of today) but I have a
funny problem maybe someone has seen before...

I have to shut down my machine every night (don't ask why... it's
complicated politics at my job) and every day at first startup I am
unable to telnet or ftp in from my mac (or any other computer.) I have a
workaround which is quite strange... once I've re-booted into single user
mode and typed reboot, everything works great... until I shut it down
again or reboot)

the only difference I can tell between the initial boot and the re-boot
from single user mode is that the message about the ethernet card says a
bunch of code during initial boot but lists a string of zeros after
rebooting from single user mode...

any ideas???

(oh and I'm really bummed out about no support for the IIfx because I'm
about to get my hands on one and have heard that it was one hell of a mac
in it's day... 128 megs of ram max! that would be great as a bsdbox.)

-Lokke Highstein
lo-ki@pinsky.com