Subject: Re: /dev/rom?
To: None <cyalog@usa.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1997 11:11:34
> What i don't like is that it does not tell you what is actualy
> happening.  Kind of like Wndoz95, except for one thing you can press esc
> when wndoz is booting and see all the mesgs.  Why can't the mac do
> this?  It should at least be an option.  Heck NETBSD does it!

Well, it does show icons for INIT's. That where it's doing "distinct"
things during boot, so it can talk about it.

I'm not sure what messages MacOS could spew by that would have real
meaning, other than the init icons. I mean under DOS, you're loading
this driver or that driver, and, with editing, you can change what
drivers get loaded. W/ MacOS, you have that control over INIT's and
control panels, but nothing else.

Take care,

Bill