Subject: Re: need an LC040
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1997 11:33:37
At 1:18 AM 11/14/97, Ken Nakata wrote:
>I've got a buggy LC040 chip in my wife's Mac LC630, but I can't find
>any retailer who carries LC040 chip.  The non-buggy LC040 chip is
>necessary for working on floating point emulation.

Hamilton Electro-Sales (800) 332-8638 (in the USA).

They're a distributor, not a retailer, but you can mail-order chips from
them.  A single 33 MHz LC040 is around $175.  You will need the exact part
number, something like MC68LC040RC33 for the 33 MHz version.  The package
type is either RC or SE and I don't know which package is used in the
LC630.

If you need shipping to Japan then they have an International division
which can handle it.  Call the US 800 number if you can't find them any
other way.

Of course if someone can give you a freebe go for it.