Subject: Re: Ethernet card on SE/30 ?
To: Mark Steele <steelem@macconnect.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1997 13:46:20
At 9:07 PM 11/12/97, Mark Steele wrote:
>I've managed to pickup an ethernet card for my SE/30. I don't know what kind it
>is and there isn't any brand name marking or silk screen on the board anywhere
>that I can see.  (10Base/T)

You need to get some kind of information on the card to have a prayer.
First can you tell what chips are on it.  If you see something with a 8390
on it you may be able to use the ae- driver.  There are mac-side utilities
like Slots that can give you some information from the ROMs.

If you feel like poking you may be able to get it working.  Count on doing
your own kernel builds and having to modify one of the existing drivers if
you want it though.