Subject: Unexpected phase change
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Keith Parkins <kp004f@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1997 09:42:58
Regarding the unexpected phase change message:

I thought that it might have been caused by some daemon that I should have
turned off in the rc file, but I was in single user mode yesterday, trying
to compile kaffe and guavac when the message came up in the middle of
compilation. I made clean after the messages came up as it screwed up the
compiling process. However, each time I try to compile these packages, I
get this message. I have been using the most recent versions of both of
these packages. I have been able to compile other packages (fvwm2) without
a hitch. The configure scripts for these packages seem to find everything
they need, and both packages are supposedly compatible w/ NetBSD on m68k
machines (an older version of kaffe is in the Amiga ftp archive).

I have not, yet, updated X to 1.3.

Keith