Subject: Re: tty setup kills multi-user boot-up
To: Johnny Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Scott Smith <smelly@spy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1997 21:33:57
On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Johnny Lam wrote:

> The line in /etc/rc:
>
> 	ttyflags -a
>
> is definitely NOT returning, so I'm pretty sure the problem is in
> that line.  The /etc/ttys file looks fine...in fact, it is the
> distribution /etc/ttys file.  Actually, the whole installation is just
> a fresh install from the distribution tarballs.
>
> What do all those ioctl errors mean?  I *DID* build my devices, by the
> way.

Like I said, those are normal warnings/errors. You can most likely ignore
them; I've been getting them since 1.2 and my machine boots fine.
Are you *SURE* that ttyflags -a isn't working?  Have you booted to single
user and manually checked each thing that gets executed to see?

Scott

--
Scott Smith
ssmith@taos.com

"Besides, who the hell would use an MS keyboard on an SGI machine, they'd
probably take it back if they saw you doing that."   - dustin@spy.net