Subject: Re: Problems with hwdirect ADB on 660av
To: None <jpw@netscape.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1997 20:51:34
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Dave Huang wrote:
> Every once in a while, I compile a kernel without MRG_ADB to see how well
> the direct ADB stuff is working... Unfortunately, it's still not working
> very well on my 660av :( It's not completely broken, but it's very
> fragile... I can type on the console, as long as I don't bang on the

Oops, I thought the latest direct ADB stuff (with the Cuda bugfixes) had
been pulled into the 1.3 branch, but I was a day early :) I've recompiled
my kernel again, and the direct ADB is working great now! :) Great job! :)

On an ADB-related, but non-hwdirect-related note, yesterday, I stopped by
the (relatively) new Fry's Electronics in Arlington, TX... wow, that place
is like the hugest electronics store I've seen :) Although it didn't seem
as cool as the ones I've heard about in California... no weird old
electronics junk, and I didn't see any Jolt Cola either :) Anyways, I
couldn't resist getting a Mouse Systems A3 trackball... X is awful with
just one button :) It's working just great, but this seems a bit strange
to me:

adb: extended keyboard at 15
adb: Mouse Systems A3 mouse, default parameters at 3
adb: standard keyboard at 2

What's this standard keyboard at 2 stuff about? I only have one keyboard
hooked up, an extended keyboard II. The same devices show up with a
MRG_ADB kernel.

And is the -a switch the only way to make the mouse pointer faster in X?
It takes about 5 half-rotations of the trackball to move the pointer from
the left edge to the right edge (1024x768 screen). The A3 box claims 680
dpr resolution (dots per rotation?), so it should be able to move faster :)

Thanks!
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++