Subject: Re: tty setup kills multi-user boot-up
To: None <smelly@spy.net>
From: Johnny Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1997 14:20:22
On 12 Nov, Scott Smith wrote:
> Sorry, I totally forgot that the network stuff gets started after that.
> That's most likely your problem.  Look at /etc/netstart and find out where
> it's hanging.  That problem is usually due to not having an entry in
> /etc/hosts for your local machine and using it in /etc/ifconfig.??? .
>
> I took a third look at your problem and realized that the output from ttyflags
> is normal.  It's late, sorry.

The line in /etc/rc:

	ttyflags -a

is definitely NOT returning, so I'm pretty sure the problem is in
that line.  The /etc/ttys file looks fine...in fact, it is the
distribution /etc/ttys file.  Actually, the whole installation is just
a fresh install from the distribution tarballs.

What do all those ioctl errors mean?  I *DID* build my devices, by the
way.

--
   Johnny C. Lam
   Department of Statistics			lamj@stat.cmu.edu