Subject: Re: tty setup kills multi-user boot-up
To: Johnny Chi-Lung Lam <jlbg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Scott Smith <smelly@spy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1997 03:59:30
On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Johnny Chi-Lung Lam wrote:

Shit.
Sorry, I totally forgot that the network stuff gets started after that.
That's most likely your problem.  Look at /etc/netstart and find out where
it's hanging.  That problem is usually due to not having an entry in
/etc/hosts for your local machine and using it in /etc/ifconfig.??? .

I took a third look at your problem and realized that the output from ttyflags
is normal.  It's late, sorry.

(Btw I think this problem is addressed in the *BSD FAQ.)

Scott
--
Scott Smith
ssmith@taos.com

"Besides, who the hell would use an MS keyboard on an SGI machine, they'd
probably take it back if they saw you doing that."   - dustin@spy.net