Subject: Re: kde
To: Erik STOKHOF <e.stokhof@eurogentec.be>
From: Scott Smith <smelly@spy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1997 03:50:48
On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Erik STOKHOF wrote:

> (only it took 10 hours :(. Then I tried compiling kde, but kdesupport
> failed on me with the following error while linking:
> Internal error: 121 objects (should be 138)
> I'm not sure about the exact wording, and I couldn't find anything about
> it in either the man pages or kde's docs. Moreover, this was in the
> jpeglibs (6a) that compiled painlessly for gs before.

I'm only *guessing* (I've never actually seen that error), but maybe make
got an error but didn't stop?  I assume it happened when it tried to link
all of the objects built?  Is make being run with the -k flag?  If so,
turn that off and see if it dies anywhere (it would probably help to do that
anyway).

With bash, you can do something like:

$ make > make.out 2>&1 &

It will print all output (STDOUT and STDERR) to make.out instead of your
terminal.  You can tail -f make.out to watch it chug along if you'd like.

(I still haven't gotten a chance to mess with Beta1 yet; been busy messing
with Crack and COPS, and MAE on my Solaris machine...)

HTH,
Scott

PS- Ohohoh, if you've already got libjpeg installed, then you can probably
trick the package into using *it* instead..

--
Scott Smith
ssmith@taos.com

"Besides, who the hell would use an MS keyboard on an SGI machine, they'd
probably take it back if they saw you doing that."   - dustin@spy.net