Subject: Re: kde
To: Scott Smith <smelly@spy.net>
From: Erik STOKHOF <e.stokhof@eurogentec.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1997 10:38:04
> Yeah, it looks nice, but the last time I tried I had to hack up quite a few
> things in it to get it to even *build* under Net.  Most of it wouldn't even
> run.  It's just been one of those things that You Have To Run Linux To Use
> (ie, most newer software these days *sigh*).
>
> Qt builds fine, but the KDE didn't.  I spent hours a night trying to get each
> release to build, hoping that maybe it would fix the problems I was having.
Well, I tried compiling too, and indeed, Qt compiled without a hitch
(only it took 10 hours :(. Then I tried compiling kde, but kdesupport
failed on me with the following error while linking:
Internal error: 121 objects (should be 138)
I'm not sure about the exact wording, and I couldn't find anything about
it in either the man pages or kde's docs. Moreover, this was in the
jpeglibs (6a) that compiled painlessly for gs before.

Sysinfo:
NetBSD 1.2 binaries, kernel #26, LCIII+FPU, Quantum Fireball 4.2ST HD,
36 MB RAM
kde version from
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/Beta1/distribution/tgz/source

Any suggestions?
-Erik