Subject: Re: 4-button mouse
To: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1997 22:48:53
Adrian Rollett wrote:

> I am interested in getting a Kensington 4-button mouse, anyone know if it
> will work under X?

That depends on what you mean by "work".  We've had some trouble getting
Kensington mice to work under MRG-based ADB.  I don't know if anyone has
tried one under HWDIRECT-based ADB, though.  In addition to that, unless
the Kensington mouse supports Apple Extended Mouse Protocol, there is no
special support for this mouse in the kernel.  Assuming that you could
actually boot the machine with this mouse attached, you should be able to
use at least 1 button with it, tho, perhaps 2.

Hope that helps some.

Later.