Subject: Re: color video lkm problems...
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <synapse@lethargy.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1997 20:52:02
OK whoops :P
i have a comment about removing the monitor....
In MacOS, removing the monitor prevents the mouse from moving off the side
of the screen. however, in NetBSD, when i only had one monitor for awhile,
but two video busses, (and the monitor was only connected to one bus), the
Xserver still recognized my "other" monitor, because there was a whole
screen-full
of scrolling all the way around the sides of the screen (and it wasn't the
buggy xserver that let the cursor go around one of the sides of the
screen)
has anyone else noticed this "problem"? seems to me that the kernel or the
xserver can't tell if there's a monitor attached like MacOS can (or if it
can tell, it doesn't do anything about it.)
the bootlog message still recognizes both video busses even if there's
only
one monitor attached - i would expect it to, but maybe kernel or xserver
doesn't do something.
maybe i did something wrong.  i'll try fiddling with it again; i haven't
for a couple months.
  - a