Subject: Re: X-window color help
To: York P. Block <yblock@ibm.net>
From: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1997 12:45:06
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, York P. Block wrote:

> Hi again.....I got X-window running but now I have a question:
>
> - How do I install Xmacbsd.960512.gz, video_lkm_combined.o and
> libXpm-3.4-bin11.tar.gz???

Xmacbsd.foo is a binary, just tar zxvf it. Should be the same for the
libXpm, it says it's a binary, untar it and put it in /usr/X11R6/lib/ -
the .o file depends on what you're running - if you're running 1.2.1 it
should jsut work - just modify your /etc/lkm.conf like so and reboot (and
put the .o file in /usr/lkm )

#       $NetBSD: lkm.conf,v 1.2 1997/07/14 11:55:46 drochner Exp $
#
# see lkm.conf(5) for details.  path will look in /lkm and /usr/lkm.
#
# path          options         entry           postinstall     output
when
#/lkm/if_ipl.o  -               -               -               -
-
video_lkm_combined.o    -       video_lkm_cmd   -
/var/run/video
-

If you are running -current, you will need to get the sources for the lkm
and the patches for them which were done by Colin Wood, I believe i have
them somewhere, or you could ask him - Anyway, then you need to compile
the lkm - and oh yeah, you have to have the kernel compile sources to be
able to do it... Then put the .o file in /usr/lkm and change the lkm.conf

Technically speaking, i could put the -current .o file up for ftp - in
fact, that's not a bad idea - It is in
ftp://rosadelsaron.res.cmu.edu/pub/color/

hope this helps

-Adrian

Adrian Rollett						5425 Forbes Ave.
Majetich Lab - Carnegie Mellon University 		Pittsburgh, PA
acrollett@cmu.edu					15217
Finger for pgp public key etc.|