Subject: Re: New X distribution
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1997 13:19:41
Lo NetBSDers,
Recently it was asked (by MZ I believe) whether anyone has gotten current
X running on a Q840AV. I recently d/l'ed the whole 1.3_ALPHA, & have been
running that nearly nonstop for a bit. Now I just d/l'ed the new X and
unpacked the whole shebang. After typing startx, it came right up in
1170*830 or whatever that resolution is. Previously I had to resort to
changing resolution down to VGA before boting NetBSD to use X on it
(although bit depth never seemed to matter, I turned on the feature to
change to B&W in the booter when it became available.

HTH
Mike