Subject: FYI: x distribution notes
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1997 15:05:00
Here's the descriptions and sizes for the X distribution which will be a
part of the 1.3 INSTALL notes:

        xbase13         X clients, shared libraries, and related man  pages.
                        Also includes bitmaps and miscellaneous
                        configuration files.
                        [ 2.34 M gzipped, 7.46M uncompressed ]

        xserver13       The Xmac68k _monochrome_ server with man pages.
                        [ 1.32M gzipped, 3.25M uncompressed ]

        xfont13         X fonts.
                        [ 5.66M gzipped, 6.99M uncompressed ]

        xcomp13         Static libraries, include files (except bitmaps),
                        X config files (for xmkmf), and related man pages.
                        [ 1.57M gzipped, 6.38M uncompressed ]

        xcontrib        User-contributed X binaries (e.g. xev, xload) with
                        man pages and default config files.
                        [ 178K gzipped, 661K uncompressed ]

So, it looks like total for a complete X distribution will run you about
25MB of disk space, ungzipped and untarred.

Later.