Subject: Re: kde
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1997 16:24:27
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Ken Nakata wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:19:21 -0500 (EST),
> "Michael G. Schabert" <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com> wrote:
>
> > Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'd be very interested in a MacLinux.
>
> May I ask you why?  Just out of curiousity.

Well, Ideally I'd like a nice little network with Linux, NetBSD, MacOS,
and 1 PeeCee to play with. I love MacOS, which is why I've got Macs.
NetBSD has been great, is stable (for me) and is quite standard as far as
un*x systems go. Linux doesn't care what other un*x systems do, which
makes it difficult, & probably a bad system for a un*x-admin to train on,
but many programs are optimized for it. It's easier to run linux on a
machine that port the programs to a different architecture. The PeeCee is
just to keep in touch with myfeminine side *giggle*

Mike