Subject: Re: kde
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1997 14:01:31
> Umm...Linux/Mac68k was a VaporWare/dead-end project that never surfaced.
> Some people from the NetBSD/AltMacOS community have recently looked into
> attempting to resume work on it. To my knowlege, however, there's no
> working kernel & so no need for a GUI yet.

Actually, last I heard, it was making progress.  Alan Cox had a Mac II
up and running.  I don't know what their current state of progress is,
though.  It would be great if there was someone with fingers in both
groups--there's a lot each could learn from the other.

Linux/m68k compatibility shouldn't be too bad.  I believe that someone
has been looking at adding compatibility with non-i386 linux systems.
For some unknown reason, though, there are wierd differences--like each
architecture of linux uses a different mapping for syscalls or something
(i.e., syscall 15 may or may not be the same for Linux/sparc and
Linux/i386 and Linux/m68k).

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com