Subject: RE: kde
To: 'John Ostrowick' <jon@colossus.cs.wits.ac.za>
From: Stefan Sinclair <stefans@centurion.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/1997 11:24:51
I know that Qt compiles fine on macBSD ( it built w/ no problems
earlier this year when I had my mac68k machine up and running)
so KDE should probably build w/ no problems as well. Unfortunately
I don't have macBSD running correctly on any of my machines at the
moment, or I'd give it a try myself. KDE is very nice - I'm using it
under
MkLinux at the present and enjoy it very much. It's a bit of a resource
hog though, so it might take a fairly souped-up 68k machine to run
it successfully. Even on my 6100/66 w/ 72MB RAM & 40 MB swap,
I have had a couple instances where I run out of memory running
just KDE desktop programs (the filemanager is the main culprit).

-Stefan

Stefan Sinclair
mailto:stefans@centurion.com
Centurion International