Subject: *sniffle* *kick Installer 1.1f*
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1997 12:21:32
	Well... after repeatedly attempting to boot a variety of kernels,
and doing everything I could possibly do, I still cannot get brahms, my
Q630 to boot back into NetBSD. I was installing a .tar file using the
installer and it crashed partway through into Macsbug with what, I
think.... it was nearly 8am by this time, it said to be SCSI read error. I
had to reboot my Mac from Macsbug, because it would not return to
MacOS.... kept getting an Illegal instruction or Bus Error when I tried to
es. So, I guess I will give in and finally upgrade from a current-971004
snapshot to 1.3_ALPHA ;-) I was hoping to hold out until the 1.3
release...

	Anyways, this brings a few questions to mind. 1. What is up with
the Installer?!? I've gotten nothing but grief from every Installer I have
used since I first attempted installation back in January. It does NOT
like my drive I guess... I can give some specs for it if someone wants
them, and might know what is wrong. 2. Do I need to download the 1.3_ALPHA
X distribution, or will the 1.2G that I already have work alright? I'd
like to save a couple hours of downloading if possible... not to mention
the bandwidth ;-)

	Luckily, from all of the troubles I have had with the Installer, I
have a dedicated MacOS partition to hold tarballs and various things I
download to install into NetBSD... like pine, X, the kernel sources, etc.
I suggest it to anyone with similar problems ;-)

	- Ryan

	P.S. Allen... I hope that kernel you built me is still on puma...
it was not among the survivors 8-(

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!