Subject: Re: ip-nat info?
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1997 22:57:56
At 9:14 PM -0600 11/8/97, Dave Huang wrote:
>On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Armen Babikyan wrote:
>> okay, i downloaded the file and followed the readme instructions. however i
>> ran into a problem when running either NetBSD-1.2/minstall or
>> NetBSD-1.2/kinstall:
>
>I don't know how easy it'd be to make that work... but aren't you running
>1.3alpha? IP Filter has been integrated into NetBSD already, you don't
>need to install anything else. Just setup your config files (/etc/rc.conf
>has an ipfilter option in it, make an /etc/ipf.conf, do some other
>stuff...) and you should be all set.

what goes in /etc/ipf.conf? what other stuff? i'm quite confused what
exactly "ipfilter" does. i just want ip masquerading on NetBSD. is
"ipfilter" another name for this? "ipfilter" seems to do a lot of other
fancy stuff that i'm not currently interested in. i can always learn from
sample files people have. anyone else use ipnat? please send me some of
your config files and related stuff.

the software compiled fine. there's no mention of "ipnat" in the readme,
and attempting to run ipnat gives an error "open: No such file or
directory". it probably needs a config file, but i'd like to know what
exactly constitutes one.

thanks,

  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu - http://electron.xeo.net