Subject: Re: multi User problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1997 22:44:59
   Hi All,

Once again, this stupid problem: fsck -p not working.

>>>even if there is a bug in the rc script (i haven't checked), running "fsck"
>>>in single-user complains about wanting arguments...and it shouldn't...

Right. It definitely should not, but it did for quite some time. However,
I noticed today, after setting up a 1.3alpha installation on a ZIP disk
for testing, that it apparently has disappeared. From /etc/rc:

	echo "Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks."
	fsck -p

and that simply did what it should: check the root filesystem according to
/etc/fstab. Interestingly, however, Armen still had the problem:

>I didn't upgrade anything. I did a full install of all the -current
>tarballs, including etc.

Anyone know about a discrepancy here between 1.3alpha and -current (apart
from the usual -current changing daily, etc.)?

Best wishes,

         Nico

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg