Subject: Re: multi User problem
To: person1994 <person1994@earthlink.net>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@bgnet.bgsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1997 09:45:36
On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, person1994 wrote:

> when ever I try to boot in multi user I get something like that:
>
> Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks.
> Usage: fsck [-dfnpy] [-b block] [-c level] [-m mode] filesystem ...
> Unknown error; help!
> Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

I had this problem for a while.  It's in /etc/rc.  Find the line where
fsck is run and supply it with a filesystem to check, i.e.,

	fsck -p /

I don't know if this necessarily the _correct_ thing, if you know what I
mean, but it did solve the problem.

Note that this was something I encountered with an older set of binaries,
-25 or something like that; on the -45 binaries I didn't run into this.
This was also on a P550, root&usr on a zip disk.

Jeffrey Ohlmann