Subject: Re: cpu: delay factor
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/1997 22:34:01
At 12:11 PM -0500 11/7/97, Michael R Zucca wrote:
>> >I got pretty far through the boot, but the machine hung at:
>> >  sbc0 at obio0: options=1<PDMA>
>> >everything before that looked pretty much normal, but i noticed a new line
>> >right after identifying my computer (IIvx (68030)):
>> >  cpu: delay factor 99
>> >
>> >any idea what either of these mean and how to fix the former?
>> >

>The SBC driver has never worked when I try it on my IIvx. I think we're not
>doing something correctly on the IIvx when it comes to SCSI.
>But any who... about this cpu delay factor:

FYI, I got GENERICSBC#26 working on my IIvx, which (obviously by it's name)
was an sbc kernel.  It gave compatibility with my zip drive and my old 80MB
quantum drive, which i used for /usr/src/sys.  now that i can't use that
drive (sbc -current-as-of-11/1/97 won't boot on my machine, and the disk
corruption is annoying), i'm using 2 identical 270MB Quantum LPS prodrives
on my system, which work with both sbcscsi and ncrscsi.

did you mean you just couldn't get the most recent sbc kernels to boot on
your machine or just in general?
If the latter, try genericsbc#26. (if you can't find a copy, i'll put it up).

later,

  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu - http://electron.xeo.net
               ----<insert lame quote here>----