Subject: -current system problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/1997 16:52:20
Hi, I am running a -current system as of 11/1/97. (kernels, snapshot, and
latest booter).

I'm getting these interesting messages upon startup:

--cut here--
  [unexpected phase change goes here]
PRAM: 0x3464a441. macos_boottime: 0x3464a425.
root file systelm type: ffs
swapctl: adding /dev/sd0b as swap device at priority 0
Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks.
Usage: fsck [-dfnpy] [-b block] [-c level] [-m mode] filesystem ...
Unknown error; help!
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:
--cut here--

The unexpected phase change seems to be exclusively for IIvx's, gathering
from what i've heard from Michael Zucca.

I fixed Bill Studenmund's diagnosis of the ufs/ffs problem in /etc/fstab
(initial for /dev/sd0a was ufs, i changed it to ffs). while looking in
/etc/fstab, i also saw that the fifth field for the swap was 0, and i
switched it to 1. i did this because before the machine complained about
/dev/sd0b being busy on startup.

Why does fsck want arguments? my initial netbsd system's fsck did it's job
on the root fs when given no arguments. should i go ahead and edit the rc
file or am i doing something wrong?

thanks,

  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu - http://electron.xeo.net