Subject: Re: Configuring X-Win!?
To: None <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/1997 11:27:50
On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:33:22 +0100,
BGW <f94bw@efd.lth.se> wrote:
> I have a quite simple question. Installed MacBSD 1.3_alpha on my Quadra
> 800. Now I want to have some graphics so I am about to install
> (configure :( ) X-Windows. What is the easiest way to do it? Is there a
> configurationscript like 'Xconfigurator', 'XF86Config', in Linux or do I
> have to edit the files myself? What editor is preferable to use, vi or
> ed?

We don't need that stinkin' XF86Config because our X server basically
figures out by itself in what resolution it should run.

The flip side is, of course, you can't change the resolution or color
depth once you boot into NetBSD (and only supported color depth is
1!).

There's a server floating around that supports 8-bit pseudocolor mode,
but you'll need a special device driver built into kernel to run it.

Ken