Subject: Problems with X11...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: BW <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/1997 11:40:53
I have been writing to this FAQ a few times before. Problems relating to
getting NetBSD to boot and run has been solved. However, no one has been
able to help me getting X11 to run. I have got answers to some of my
questions, most answers ending with "look in the FAQ". Well, thats the
first thing to do, and I have done it. Although, their seems to be no
answers to my X-problems. Lets just suppose, for a minute, the FAQ is
INCOMPLETE. What about that? If you know how to configure X11, maybe
then you understand all the connections between various topics in the
FAQ. I have tried to get things work according to the FAQ, progress has
been made, but also new problems has arised, not answered in the FAQ.
One question that has not been asked is:

What files (all of them) do I need to configure to get X11 running?

This question should be added to the FAQ!

I read that someone just used the installer to install the new
X-binaries, booted and typed startx, and X11 started. Why can't I do
this? Should I use another installer?

What editor should I use in order to configure the configuration files?
Not that I think there is a special editor for this purpose, I mean,
which one is the most preferable use?

later /Bosse

name:    Bo-Goeran Wallner
address: Tunavaegen 39F:440
         223 63 Lund
         Sweden
tel:     046/393549
email:   f94bw@efd.lth.se

occupation: MSc-student of Engineering Physics
            Lund institute of technology