Subject: Re: cpu: delay factor
To: Andrew Diller <netbsd@dillernet.com>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/1997 21:01:04
On Nov 6,  1:19pm, Andrew Diller wrote:
>this must be equivalent to the bogomips on Linux--- its some sort of
>measurment of CPU speed.

Looks to be a factor of how many times it makes it through a clock
calibration loop.

>some numbers:

Mac II           : 49   (020+FPU 16)

>se/30           : ~60  (030 16)
>quada 605       : ~205 (040 25)
>IIcx w/ Daystar : ~250 (040 33mhz)
>Quad 840av      : ~260 (040 ?? prob 40)

C610             : 261 (040 28.6Mhz)

Either my machine's speedier than I thought, or some of those
other numbers are a bit low. ;-)

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

The UNIX Guru's View of Sex: # unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ;
                                fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Stupid, n.:
	Losing $25 on the game and $25 on the instant replay.