Subject: Re: SE/30 SCSI-weirdness
To: Svante Sormark - GDC <gucsv@gd.chalmers.se>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/1997 18:23:05
Svante Sormark - GDC wrote:

> This is strange. I have an se/30 running 1.3_Alpha (and running it well
> too) sitting on my desk next to a 6100. NetBSD is running off an external
> disk. When i turn the 6100 on the se/30 starts spewing out messages about
> "ncrscsi: spurious interupt" (and a lot of other things i don't
> remenber) and eventually drops me into the debugger.
>
> Anyone care to comment on this before i go and buy a new scsi-cable?

Well, are there any connections between the 2 machines other than that
they are on the same desk?  I mean, are they etherneted together?  Do you
have their SCSI chains connected or something silly like that?  Are there
power supplies daisy-chained together?

My guess would be that it was just a coincidence unless you can reproduce
this behavior (i.e. turn off you 6100, boot the SE/30 into NetBSD, turn on
the 6100 and see if it happens again).  If it is reproducible, then there
might be a problem other than bad termination or a bad SCSI cable....

Later.