Subject: Re: Boot hang
To: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/1997 14:16:23
> > It's probably:  "panic:  ResHandles table too small", or something pretty
> > close to that.  Are you using an Apple Standard mouse and keyboard?  I
> Oddly enough, I got this error when trying to run a program I had written to
> reinit the adb system.
> I don't have the
> source around anymore, but it just opened up /dev/adb and did the ADBIOC_RESET
> ioctl on it. Any ideas?

I have an idea...  It might be that the reset causes the MRG (assuming
you're using MRG_ADB) to try to add entries to the resource handle
table.  I don't think that table is cleared out by anything, so it
might very well be running out of space.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com