Subject: Re: help
To: None <swansons@earthlink.net, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/1997 00:53:16
At 6:14 PM -0800 11/4/97, karen wrote:
>hi,
>	im tryin to get netbsd to run on my mac 2ci.  I partioned my drive
>correctly, installed the file system, installed the kernal and the extra
>files, and booted.  problem is, i cant get anything done cause it says
>the file system is read only.  i tryed "mount -aw" but it says  "the
>device does not match the mounted device"  any help would be greatly
>appreciated.  BTW, i am booting off an external SCSI HD.  could this
>have anything to do with the problem?  thanx

try "mount -uw /" to mount "/" read/write in single user.
booting off an *external* scsi hd shouldn't ever matter, provided the drive
is properly terminated. (and if you have only 1 SCSI bus, which you do).
later,
  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu - http://electron.xeo.net
               ----<insert lame quote here>----