Subject: A moment of silence please :(
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: K-KaBoOm <kev@zebradale.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1997 01:19:43
If everyone would please give a few characters of silence to anthrax, a
great Mac II CI that ran NetBSD till today.  Anthrax was 1.5 years of work
by 2 people to make it what it was.  Anthrax had no backup due to lack of
money.  I got a call at work today about a metal-on-glass sound coming out
of the NetBSD drive.  Effort was made to keep it alive till I returned,
Anthrax just gave up.  The drive gave it's last gasp of life at 6:30PM EST.
Anthrax will have a proper burial tomarrow at noon.  Anthrax will be
replaced by it's successor 'Exodus'.  Exodus will be a welcome addition to
the UNIX farm but Anthrax will never be forgotten.  I wish anthrax would
have had life insurance (a backup).  I am going to invest in a Exabyte SCSI
tape backup and throw it on my MIPS machine soon so a tragedy like this will
never happen again.

a few characters of silence |                         | thank you

                --The extremely depressed and annoyed Kevin