Subject: Re: New Booter available
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1997 23:47:37
At 2:11 PM +1100 11/3/97, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:
>	On Puma (ftp.macbsd.com) in the directory pub/NetBSD/booter/
>there is now a file Booter1.11.1b5.sea.hqx
>

>	Changes from the previous version are:
>* Now uses a preferences file, rather than embedding settings in
>  the program's resources
>* Some user interface improvements
>* Handles kernels in Mac OS files much better
>

>	If you are able, please grab this and test it so that I can
>release it (with some confidence!) in time for NetBSD/Mac68k 1.3

I just grabbed the 11/1/97 snapshot and installed it, along with
GENERICSBC#47 and attempted to boot it on my IIvx. I used booter 1.11.1b5,
too.

I got pretty far through the boot, but the machine hung at:
  sbc0 at obio0: options=1<PDMA>
everything before that looked pretty much normal, but i noticed a new line
right after identifying my computer (IIvx (68030)):
  cpu: delay factor 99

any idea what either of these mean and how to fix the former?

(yeah, i know, i was bad and installed snapshot before upgrading the
kernel, but i didn't have anything to lose =)

thanks,

  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu - http://electron.xeo.net
               ----<insert lame quote here>----